Thursday 20 June 2013

This week, I 'ave mostly been diggin'. Dug the cobbles in the living room up, they were no good, very uneven and not at all level. Dug them all out and lowered the whole floor by about a foot, that's a foot length ways not sideways!! Took the kitchen steps out too, I was going to keep then but decided they looked a bugger and they were in the wrong place, too low. I'll have to make some new wooden ones I think. I also took the bottom of the stairs out to dig out the floor, but I've since replaced them.

I took lots of advice on how best to do the floor, and thanks to everyone who offered it. I've opted to beam and board it. Hence all the digging out. Ready for the next stage now, the beams, the floor boards will have to wait until funds become available.

Plastered the bottom of the stair wall today too. Need to get the final downstairs window in, but waiting for the window fairy to come, (you know who you are!)




These used to be my good wedding shoes in a previous life.






Mum visits to see how things are progressing.



The top of the breeze block is where the floor was.












2 comments: