Sunday 25 November 2012

I've had some trouble with the peugoet starter motor last week, garage wanted 350 euro to sort it, so my time has been occupied trying to fix it, got very little done on the maison as a result.


But in my absence the water arrived at La Borie, I am now connected to the mains water supply, very pleased about that, it's only taken 3 months, (that's not sarcasm!).







I've been making windows for the place too as I mentioned in an earlier post, 4 in all, just about finished them, all double glazed, they don't look half bad even though I do say so myself.






I bought a poêle à bois (that's French for a wood burning stove) off some friends of my folks too, ready for the winter. Once the windows are fitted, I'll be able to heat the place. When I get the floor in and a bit of plumbing and electric I'll be able to move in to the upstairs area while I work on the rest. That's the plan anyway. 

1 comment:

  1. You should be able to post comments now June & Rob, I know you want too!

    ReplyDelete